header compatibility question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header compatibility question

I found a V&H 4 into 1 header and pipe on eBay for a rather reasonable price. It's in much better shape than the 4 into 1 V&H that Leela has on her now. The description says it came off an '82 GS750. Would I be able to use this on my '77 GS750?

I could be wrong but I would bet it is a straight swap.

Comment

That would be cool!. I'm half embarassed to take Leela anywhere looking the way she does; petcock leaking, tach driver seal leaking, valve cover gasket leaking, and the header and pipes all rusted and pitted. She needs an extreme makeover.

Comment

Not that I wouldn't trust Hoom with my Leela , but does anyone else have a more difinitive answer?

BUMP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aRs3N1c42
          That would be cool!. I'm half embarassed to take Leela anywhere looking the way she does; petcock leaking, tach driver seal leaking, valve cover gasket leaking, and the header and pipes all rusted and pitted. She needs an extreme makeover.
          She would ride proud next to my beast buddy

I'm going to be at Paparo's in Rohrstown tonight if you want to stop out and say hi

Comment

I'm afraid that neither Leela, or I are feeling up to riding yet.

The wife wants to go grocery shopping so, I think I'm gonna end up at home with the kids. 8)

Otherwise I'd be there, dude!!

Comment

Originally posted by aRs3N1c42
              I'm afraid that neither Leela, or I are feeling up to riding yet.

The wife wants to go grocery shopping so, I think I'm gonna end up at home with the kids. 8)

Otherwise I'd be there, dude!!
              That's cool man. I wont be riding either. I'll be working on my ride

Comment

We are down to the two bikes and the minivan right now, so if the wife takes the van shopping, I'm kinda stuck.

I'm not sure how I'd be able to ride Mabel with one arm (the throttle arm) in a sling, let alone get the kids on her. I think my 5 year old would be able to hold on, but the 4 year old has inherited his father's and grandfather's propensity for injuring himself. He's not allowed on the bike until he's 40. Then there's the baby... Perhaps he could go shopping with Mom...

Comment

It should fit and bolt up to the engine properly, but the difference will probably be on where the exhaust hanger is in the back.

I have a GS 550 4-1 exhaust on mine and the hanger is on top of the muffler, whereas on the proper exhaust it would be under the muffler, and bolt to the frame.

I use a hose clamp to hold it in place.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
                  X