1980 GS1000 motor for sale in CA - $225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1000 motor for sale in CA - $225

Found this ad at recycler.com and thought some of you might be interested - will also post it in the For Sale section.

C O N T A C T I N F O R M A T I O N
    Name Rick
    eMail damrel@charter.net
    A D C O N T E N T
    Ad Type FOR SALE
    Price $225.00
    Ad Text 1980 Suzuki GS1000 GS 1000 Suzuki Motor. No carbs or starter or exhaust. Perfect replacement. 12K. Sold bike. Will negotiate. Long Beach near 405 & 605 #499991 $225

WHY is it ??? every time you see an engine for sale they say it only has 12-15 K miles ?? I bought a GS1000G motor last year $125, cost me $150 in shipping!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      WHY is it ??? every time you see an engine for sale they say it only has 12-15 K miles ?? I bought a GS1000G motor last year $125, cost me $150 in shipping!!!
      No way to prove it either with the rest of the bike gone... I suppose if even only the crank were any good, under $300 is not outrageous. If the rest of the motor were decent, under $300 is not bad considering the price of new bikes these days.

Comment

WHY is it ??? every time you see an engine for sale they say it only has 12-15 K miles ??
        And it was only driven to the grocery store and back every Sunday... :roll:
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

The guy ran a second ad to correct himself, claiming the motor is for a shaft drive bike. Did they even make a 1980 GS1k in the G model?

Comment

Originally posted by IanFrancisco
            No way to prove it (mileage) either with the rest of the bike gone... I suppose if even only the crank were any good, under $300 is not outrageous. If the rest of the motor were decent, under $300 is not bad considering the price of new bikes these days.
            Well, you can't really prove the mileage on a GS even with the rest of the bike on hand. Our odometers are awfully simple to replace or reset.'

Originally posted by IanFrancisco
            Did they even make a 1980 GS1k in the G model?
            They sure did! I've got one!

Comment

Working...
            X