No announcement yet.

Riding in the snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish my bike could do a ton on dry roads, I bet this guy has pulled off the infamous "Iced Ton".

Steve

Comment

This guy has balls of steel....and brains of????? That is just insane on regular roads....add ice and spikes on tires.....jeez...

Comment

Well you have to admit that he must have good traction!
        GY

Comment

I found out where the pic came from.
          If you look around you can see a pic where he digs a 5 inch hole into the ice while doing a "burnout"

Steve

Comment

Black Ice

I don't mean to bust your bubble but,
            black ice is just as deadly in the daylight.
            Just because the sun is out doesn't mean
            the ice is melted.

Comment

Jakey:
              You're right, there is black ice during the day (I haven't found any yet luckily) but Ottawas climate makes it difficult to form during the day. Actually, I've been re-evaluating my decision as when not to ride during the winter as of late and it looks like the evenings after warm days is the worst.

Comment

p.s. love that pic of guy doin'
                the stoppie.
                Won't find me tryin' it
                (not on my bike anyway) :twisted:

Comment

You're a brave man riding in the winter. I see snow on occasion riding in the mountains on my dirt bike. Have you ever gone down so fast that you didn't have time to react? I have.

As far as lane splitting goes, I've lived in California where it is legal and I can say from experience "I loved it!" I didn't know it was legal in Oregon. I must say though, if someone deliberately opened a door on me when I was going by he had better get me good enuff so I can't get up. Silly bastard, you should of slapped him for even expressing that notion.

Steve

Comment

rode my GS650L to work one day had to ride home in 2" snow on the roads.I didn't care for it ,not on these twisty mountain roads we have in West Virginia

Comment

Many years ago, I rode in snow! Had no optional vehicles at the time. The temp wasn't so bad, but the slipping and sliding made me appreciate God that day!
                      GY

Comment

Riding in the Snow?

I had to ride my 1976 Yamaha XS650 on snowy roads in Northern Indiana when my Fiat 128 & Renault 14 would not start, one winter. Yes, I know I was insane....for owning a Fiat & a Renault at the same time (not riding in the snow?)
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
                          If you look around you can see a pic where he digs a 5 inch hole into the ice while doing a "burnout"

Steve
                          I might actually enjoy ice fishing if it came with a motorcycle. Just think how much fun you could have cutting fishing holes.

Comment

Originally posted by srivett

Steve
                            Thanks Steve, Didn't know it was from Sweden, or that the track existed.

Comment

Vroom, vroom:

and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                              __________________________________________________ ______________________
                              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Working...
                              X