sissy rest/luggage rack fitment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sissy rest/luggage rack fitment.

I am trying to equip my 1983 gs1100g bike with a rack/rest setup.

Can anyone tell me if one from a 1981 GS850G would work?

Are there any companies that sell these for my bike?

Thanks.

I would assume you might be looking at this for your bike.

I need someone to help me verify this would fit but otherwise your best bet is a salvage yard or ebay. I personally don't know of a place that sells these as aftermarket.

You could watch a few OCC shows and learn how to fabricate. :roll:

Comment

Ya, I am planning on bidding on that rack/rest but it would be nice if I was sure it will fit.

Comment

luggage rack and back rest

I had a GS650G some years ago, and recently bought a GS850G. When I bought the 650, I bought a KG brand luggage rack and back rest. The back rest could be adjusted for either a solo rider or a passenger in just a few seconds. Construction quality is very high. Searches in Ebay motors for "luggage rack" usually turn up 9 pages of results. Several are usually KGs. They can be recognized by (1) wide in front, a bit narrower in the back (2) bars go forward and backward instead of sideways (3) rubber strips on the bars, but they are often missing. The sissy bars are about 20" high, but the pad is only in the middle and is sort of triangular. The KG luggage rack was adjustable to fit many bikess. There might have been several models to span all bikes. I just won an auction for one removed from a Yamaha XS11, and I hope that it fits my GS850. I'll probably put a top box on it, and chose one that has a back rest pad for a passenger. If you want to see what they look like, email me and I'll return an Ebay URL with photos of one.

Tom
        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Working...
        X