Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front brake switch question

Hello,
    I've got a 1979 GS850G and the front brake lever was not turning the brake light on so I took it apart and cleaned it.

I am able to get the brake light to come on by touching a wire across the two brass metal rails on the switch. The problem is I can't figure out how to reassemble it. There is a little spring and I don't know where or how it goes.

If you can help, please reply. Thank you.

Spring goes in first, I think there is a tiny nipple that it sits on, then the little flat copper piece, it should also have a small nipple, or hump, to go in the other end of the spring. then the flat piece with the two rails, rails toward the flat copper piece, then the cover. Some have tried to do this in upright position, but it's much easier for me, to turn the master cyl. & brake lever assembly upside down first. BE CAREFUL, if you drop the spring, odds are you won't find it.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

that reminds me I have to go fix my brake switch, Just finished changing the master & the plastic part of the switch fell apart

Comment

The schematics at BikeBandit.com are pretty helpful in cases like this:

Does that help?

Comment

Working...
        X