Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Fork/Anti Dive rebuild

G'day All
    My 83 GSX1100ES has the anti-dive system on the front forks. I need to replace the fork seals so I have to remove the anti-dive modulator plungers from the forks. Will I need to bleed the brakes after reassembly?
    REgards
    Tv

Yes, the anti-dive works off of the brake line pressure.

Comment

uh, hm, :? I don't think you have to remove the anti-dive units to replace the fork seals. disconnect the lines yes, but that is it.

Comment

I guess I'll have to suck it a see!
        I'm only replacing the seals at the moment as the inner tubes are rust pitted so i'm gonna rub them down as best I can and see if the new seals hold up OK. I have a manual and by the look of the diagram I should be able to remove the modulator plunger without the brake fluid coming out - I hope that is the case.
        The reason I asked the Q in the first place is so I get all the stuff I need from the bike shop in one go. I hate getting halfway thru a job and finding I gotta go all the way back to the shop for just one part. You gotta hang around for ever in the service department as it's always busy.

Can somebody tell me if another GS or GSX model forks without the anti-dive system will fit my model bike? I still wanna keep the same wheels.

REgards
        Tv

Comment

On my 83 GS750ES the anti dive plungers have a couple of screws that hold them on. The fluid actuates a plunger in that piece which comes out the bottom. Unless its lewaking you won't lose any fluid.

Comment

Working...
          X