Rear tire turns with clutch pulled back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear tire turns with clutch pulled back

I have a GS750T. I put the bike up on the stand, start the bike and put in 1st gear. With the clutch pulled back (disengaged) is it normal that there would still be some friction which would cause the rear tire turn? In nuetral, the rear wheel is still,as it should be.

When in 1st gear at a stop light, the friction is not enough to move the bike...it only is apparent when it is up on the stand.

Somewhere (probably here) I read that if the wheel could be stopped by a booted foot that this was OK. :?
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Ditto. Every bike I've ever had did that. Should be able to stop it with your foot, like above post says.

Comment

yeah , its normal

my clutch works perfectly fine (im a maniac) and when it's still cold if i pull in the lever and gun the engine in first it'll drag a bit and try to move the bike forward, but i dont need the brake to stop it, the feet suffice (and i dont do it to avoid burning the clutch)

relax, and go ride, the seasons almost over....

Comment

Working...
        X