block off antidive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

block off antidive

Does anyone have a DIY to block off the antidive?
    It's for an 83 1100es.
    Is it just simply removing the antidive unit from the fork?, removing the hydaulic line circuit, and then bolting a cover over the opening left on the front of the fork from the removed antidive unit?

Thanks!

cover

Why do you want to remove it?

Comment

remove antidive

I don't like the mussiness in teh brake. Do have any tips in making the brake more solid?

Thanks

Comment

stainless steel lines would stiffen it up quite a bit. the PO put a block off plate on my antidive units, so I'm not sure how much it'll stiffen up the braking, but I've heard it definetly helps. take the units off, get some single line banjo bolts for the brake lines. I have some 1/4" aluminum rectangular plates blocking off the hole. using the origonal gasket works fine and I have no leaks.

Comment

You can keep the fluid in them and just use bolts to block off the brake lines in both calipers. Just know that they may actually feel just as mushy. The braided brake lines are a huge improvement.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

luc

Thanks folks, appreciate the help.
            Luc, how thick is the plate covering the antidive "hole"?

Comment

Luc---You've left this guy hanging lomg enough......tell him!!!!

Comment

make sure you machine a channel for the oil to transfer through

Comment

Huh?? The easiest way to disable the antidive is to remove the banjo bolt from it, replace it with a solid bolt, use the single banjo to replace the double on the caliper, and bingo bango bongo, anti dive disabled...That courtesy of Joe Nardy

Comment

Working...
                  X