GS1100 E bobber from Ebay is mine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 E bobber from Ebay is mine!

Hi all, I was the winner of this bike from an ebay auction! I know many of you frown on these chopped classics, but I think it looks prettty cool. Kind or norton like or something. I rebuilt the carbs (the slides were frozen) and now it runs great! I was looking for some alternatives for a new tank (mine has rust/big dents). It is an 80 with an 82 motor. I think the looks of the "L" series of tanks for the 1100 bikes would look cooler. Does anyone know of any alternative GS 80-81 tanks that would bolt on? My tank has the mounting bracket on the bottom, and not the back like the 82 tanks.
    Here is the auction!

It looks much better in person! (after a major cleaning!)
    I still have not worked out the title issues yet, but the DMV says "no problem" with an inspection and a copy of the police report...

I might go with one of those vaypor units for the gauges. My neighbor thinks I should go with some more swept back higher bars, but I'm not sure. I can ride the ones on the bike pretty comfortably. At least for 10 minutes around the block... With a lawn mower gas tank!
    Let me know any opinions!
    -Shawn

Well, if it looks so much better now that its clean....We need pictures!!!

Comment

Well MUCH better would probably be in the eye of the beholder...
      After pressure washing the motor and getting new air filters and headlights. _I_ think it looks better!
      -S

Comment

To me, standard bikes are just a good starting point for modification!

Im a big fan of bobbers - I wouldnt mind doing one myself at some stage. That one looks good and has real potential - thats if you decide you want to keep going with it. If you ask me, Id go with some flat 'bars and modern running gear/brakes/USD'd and a fatter rear tyre. I reckon that tank shape looks pretty good, but there are a few tanks on eBay Aust. at the moment including one for a Nomad which might look the goods too.

Id be keen to see how it evolves.

Comment

really its all about what you want, I think its well worth what you paid in parts alone.

I kinda like the look, I think with some creativity and hard work you'll make it into something you really like.

remember, anybody can restore a bike, it takes a real man to chop one up

Comment

Thanks for the replys so far! Does anyone have any experience with the 1100L tanks? I like how it sweeps down at the back. Sice the seat is so small and flat I think the huge tank looks kind of like my sport bike...
            Anyone have an 80-81 "L" tank lying around that they could take some measurements of?
            Thanks again!
            -Shawn

Comment

maybe you want to pick up an Intruder tank?

mike

Comment

Working...
              X