How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much?

I purchased a 1982 GS 1100 GK. The previous owner cleaned the carbs and redid some of the wiring harness. The bike runs great. Little to no rust, saddle bags in top shape, been laid down once by the look of the calipers. Garage kept. How much should I have paid?

As little as possible!

Where did you buy the bike? Different regions have different average prices for any given bike. I'd say that in Massachusetts it might be a $1500 bike.

Comment

How many miles on it? Anything under 15k is closer to $2k.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

ah about 34,000 Miles. Near Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by KuriosIesus
          ah about 34,000 Miles. Near Chicago.

Somewhere in $1200-$1400 range would be about right. Less than that you got a got a real good deal.....

Comment

Ok, I think he was answered here so If I can hijack on the same topic...
            I'm going to sell the 82 gs850 I just finished with. Runs good, looks above average, 16.7 K Mi in Orlando florida. I'm thinking $1500 - 1800 price range. any opinions? In florida it seems like bike get a premium of $500 more on the low side.

mike

Comment

Paid $800...thanks for stealing the topic :P and that's a nice looking bike.

Comment

Hey anytime! I really have a similar issue, but it's not an 1100. But hey, it's florida and a ridable bike is always worth $1500-1800. The valk is my main ride. It just doesn't matter what other bike I ride, when I jump back on her, I say "why did I ever stray". I like smooth and responsive in a crusier. If you ever get the chance to ride one...

mike

Comment

Working...
                X