need help with my 78 gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with my 78 gs1000

right next to the signal buzzer there is a chrome unit with a hose clamp holding it to the frame any idea what that is there is no wires attached ,also whats involved in changing the front brake light switch i bought a new one never had directions with it theres a small black piece and a spring that goes inside a cover im stumped ..........

Take a look here- look up your bike & switch
    Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Comment

OK, You got me. I didn't know there is a turn signal buzzer. All I can find on my 78 GS1000E is the turn signal relay and that is the only noise I hear also. Maybe 34 years in power plants has tuned that range out for me. Can you tell me where the buzzer is supposed to be? I see it on the schematic but thats all I find in the manual. My guess is mine was never installed. As for the chrome thing you are trying to identify, ?. Maybe that was left off mine at the factory and two installed on yours? Seriously, sounds like a previous owner installed accessory, no longer in service.
      "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
      GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
      1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
      1979 GS1000SN The new hope
      1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

The thing you describe sounds like something a PO put on so no telling. As for the switch, just take the old one apart and look at it. It's pretty straight forward. Just watch for flying springs as you open it up

Comment

signal buzzer

the signal buzzer is just under the fuel tank were it bolts to the rear just under there to the right of the bike, its a small round metal thing with 2 wires attached and bolts to the underside of the frame

Comment

Working...
          X