Safety switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety switch

has anyone jumped out the safety switch on the clutch handle? after I got larger grips it takes a bit to squeeze the clutch in enough for the switch to let the starter run... most bikes don't have the switch... I'm thinking one less wire up to the handlebars.... thoughts????

That was one of the first things I did to mine, just make sure it is in netural before trying to starting, or you have the clutch in

Comment

I have mind jumped, a solder bridge on the two contact rails does nicely.

Comment

hotblack, there's a simple way to do that without making it permanent. You might at some point want to return that switch to its normal function in the event you sell it down the road. Take a quick peek at the wire color codes there at the clutch lever handgrip, then go inside the headlight case and find those same wires and disconnect the two wires from their connectors. Take the two that go back into the wiring harness and connect them together. That's all it takes. If you desire to later, you can reconnect them normally.

Comment

Although I can remove that solder bridge any old time I like your way better, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X