leaking like a cive!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaking like a cive!!!

all of a sudden im leaking all kinds of fluids, brownish liquid coming from under the kickstand and frame by oil pan which i assume is oil. theres a puddle of clear liquid that smells like it has a little of gas in it but lean in the aread behind the carbs and same things is leaking from the plastic that is behind the carbs. it smells kinda like gas. there was a huge puddle under the bike that decided to experiment with . it doesnt burn at all, in fact it is repelled by fire. the only thing i changed before this happendwas that automatic preloader i turned it cuz i had no idea what it did , but i turned it back the leakign seems to have stopped, anyone have any ideas?

sounds like you're flooding the crankcase with gas, don't know why it didn't light though. Is the fluid level up to the fill plug? Leaky needle valve in carb

Comment

Could it be slime coming off of your chain? You could pull off your counter sprocket cover and see if that slime in there is the same stuff as on your driveway. You'll get a lot of it if you use oil on your chain.

Steve

Comment

so i turned the automatic preloader back to normal and it doesnt leak a drop anymore

Comment

Do you mean the cam chain tensioner? Mine started to caues trouble for me so a I picked up a used one for 70$CDN because I needed one before my engine blew... If I wasn't in a hurry I could have bought a new o-ring and spring from the dealer for under 10$.

Steve

Comment

First, you gotta figure out what oil looks and smells like! Once schooled you won't have to guess as there are so few different fluids that could be leaking. Did you recently have occasion to start the bike up and run it for a few minutes, but not take it for a ride, while you were doing some tinkering? I always find that upon next starting my bike I get gallons of black/brown water coming from under the bike - water that has condensed in the exhaust system. Pipes smoke (water vapor) for a little while until fully warm, too. The leakage smells a bit of gas for obvious reasons. As such, to avoid rusting out the exhaust system, I try not to have to start the bike unless I can ride it far enough to fully warm the engine and exhaust system.

Comment

Working...
            X