GS450TX electrickery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450TX electrickery

Nearly got the wifes 450 finished. Had everything except the back brake switch working the other day. Today the front brake switch has decided to work the lights for the clocks and no brake light. I can see nothing in common on the diagram. Any ideas?

both wires are clsoe together? the insulation rubbed off? and they're shorting eachother?
    seriously, i have no idea, but i liek to rewire everythign myself on every one of my vehicles and redo the job every so often...
    (man am i ever dyslexic)

Comment

front brake switch has decided to work the lights for the clocks
      What are you referring to when you say
      the clocks
      ?

If you are saying that your brake light does not come on when the front brake lever is pulled, then check your switch. Remove the right handle controls by removing the two bolts. Then get some slack in the cables and turn the whole assembly upside-down. Next remove the two screws on the brake switch slowly and carefully, taking note on how the internal components are arranged, as it contains a very small spring and contactor. Clean all the contacts with a wire brush and electrical component cleaner, reassemble, and test. It took me a few tries to get it working right.
      Hope this helps, good luck.

Comment

clocks- speedo and tacho

Switch works fine. Just doesn't work the brake light but the instrument lights instead. Everything in the headlight looks like it should. ie; like colours are connected together. Probably a bad earth but my wiring diagram is in black and white and it was a long day. Thinking about it, the tail light had quit too so it's a bad earth.

Comment

Just earthed everything direct to the frame and it works fine. Ready for inspection. The tank is dented and the paint is rough but you can't beat the price.
          Bike free off craigslist
          battery 39.00
          brake caliper 27.00 off ebag
          oil and filter 11.00
          float needle valves 13.00
          total minus gas 90.00

On the road for under $100. I am happy and more importantly so's my wife!

Comment

Working...
          X