Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One final thought

Originally posted by GregM.
    Thanks for the detailed ideas on plugging large gas tank openings... exactly what I needed.
    If you radiator hose is too hard due to age cut and place a more pliable rubber item under it to insure sealing. Old inner tubes or bike tube patches work great. Good Luck

Comment

I was too lazy to read back and note who mentioned using a handful of loose hardware to agitate inside the tank to help break loose rust and old sealer, the method works well... but a word of caution. Don't use Stainless Steel hardware. True stainless steel is not capable of being picked up with a magnet. You will kick yourself lame trying to get that stuff out afterwards. I made the mental mistake (I KNEW it already :x ) and just didn't think about it. I just picked up a handful of hardware from a huge container of used hardware that I keep handy and dumped it in. About the time it quit rattling, I realized what I'd done. Went ahead and did my agitation and got out what I could with the magnet, then had to resort to various forms of vacuum cleaners with small hose ends, and mechanical fingers to pull out the stainless stuff. Took me almost 2 hours to get it all out.

Comment

Working...
      X