what is Suzuki Bond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is Suzuki Bond?

I see several references to it in the manual. I'm assuming it's somehow different than Loctite.

What does it do, and are there similar products that could accomplish the same task?

In my factory service manual, there are about 5 or 6 different types of thread lock (Suzuki Bond) mentioned. I wish I had information on what the differences are, but I don't.

Each installation process has the "proper" compound specified, but I don't think it would hurt to stick to the regular blue or red loctite depending on the need.

Matt

Comment

Bond

Hi, The Suzuki bond you refer to comes in 2 grades the grey stuff is good but the white stuff is better (and more money) Solved? Nah, it is just great stuff you use to asseemble the engine but any top grade sealant will to the same deal.

Comment

I always try to use "Suzuki Bond", I find it better than a lot of commonly available gasket sealants & it doesn't leave so much of an obvious tell tale colour. But it is about 5 times the price

Comment

Re: what is Suzuki Bond?

Originally posted by rkubik
          I see several references to it in the manual. I'm assuming it's somehow different than Loctite.

What does it do, and are there similar products that could accomplish the same task?
          Suzuki Bond is used to seal the cases when the cases have been split, It is not expensive, and is not really even needed in ones toolbox unless you split the cases. Yamabond, honda bond, all the same thing. BUT. if you have split the cases and maint instructions call for this suzuki bond, fight the urge to cut costs here, The main money savings is in doing it yourself. Man made it, man can fix it, or if I can't fix it, I'll f#@& it up so bad no one else can fix it either.

Comment

Suzuki Bond 1207B
            Seals crankcase, with an outstanding resistance to heat and oil.

Part Number Description

99000-31120 3.5 oz. Tube

I googled the term... (shrug)

Comment

Working...
            X