individual breather kits for carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

individual breather kits for carbs

I looking to replace the original breather box and filter box with an after market kit that goes on each individual carb. It's for a gs750. Does any one have any inexpensive ideas on where to purchase such and item? I went on k and n and they where quit expensive.

I just used Unifilters they work very well. You can get them from most suppliers. I also have a 750

Comment

Originally posted by danbouck
      I just used Unifilters they work very well. You can get them from most suppliers. I also have a 750
      Would you care to share a link or any info as to were you purchased them?

Comment

you can get some cheap EMGO pods for $7 a piece, but I wouldn't if I were you. they have a lot of restriction to them compared to the K&N's, and since the dyno jetting kits are geared towards K&N filters, you'll have terrible stutter and flat spots. I finally took mine off and am currently running some unfiltered velocity stacks I made out of the airbox boots, until I get K&N's.

the bottom line is they'll reak havoc on CV carb jetting. do a search on the forum and you should come up with the same response

Comment

thanks

Comment

Pods = re-jet and re-tune. As long as you are there, get a 4-1 exhaust and re-jet to adjust for both intake and outgoing airflow increases.

Save yourself a lot of work in the future.

Comment

The reason that I was gonna go to the pods is that I've been fighting getting the airbox back on. I bought some hose and am in the process of getting it back together.

Comment

The Best Air Filters on Earth!

Comment

I GOT UNI'S FOR MY 79 GS750. I WENT FROM A STOCK 102.5 MAIN JET TO A 115 AND RAISED THE NEEDLE TO 4TH POSITION AND IT RUNS FINE. THIS IS WITH THE STOCK EXHAUST. YOU CAN GO TO ANY MOTORCYCLE DEALERSHIP AND ASK THEM TO LOOK IN THEIR PARTS UNLIMITED CATALOG. I GOT MY FILTERS FOR $8 A PIECE. I WENT TO A HARLEY-DAVIDSON DEALERSHIP AND ORDERED THEM. TOOK 3 DAYS FOR THEM TO GET THEM. YOU CAN ALSO ORDER JETS WHILE YOUR THEIR. I GOT A PACK OF 4 115 MAINS FOR $2.

Comment

If you ended up going to pods, I may be interested in your air filter box. I'm missing mine and I'd like to get as close as I can to stock on my 1982 GS750TZ. What year is your GS750?

Thanks,

Chuck

Comment

If you're not using that airbox....

What year is the bike? If the parts don't fit Chuck's bike, I may be interested.

- Tim

Comment

Working...
                      X