Handlebar Adjustment/Clip-ons for '83 GR750ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handlebar Adjustment/Clip-ons for '83 GR750ES

I recently bought a 1983 GS750ES and have ridden it a few times. I feel like I want to be leaning further forward...reaching out and down a bit more. I have seen aftermarket clip-on that mount to the fork. Can I use these with my fairing as is? Also, Can I loosened the top fork bolts and rotate the riser bars or loosen the allen bolt and adjust the rotation of my bars? Thanks, LK

clip ons will work with your fairing, I found some on ebay off an early 90's CBR that worked. the stock risers and top fork mount aren't adjustable, sorry. you can also get the stock risers from a katana, which are a 1" rise instead of your current 3"

Comment

I'm using the clipons from a honda 600F2 on my bike. Had to slide the fork tubes up a little in the trees and made a new spacer to hold the fork air tubes in place out of PVC pipe.

Comment

Thanks...more ?'s

So you can't even rotate the risers or bars forward? Good to hear that there are options.
        Luc, with your clip-ons, you just removed the fork bolts, took off the risers, and replaced the bolts. Once accomplished you were able to bolt up CBR stock clip-ons directly to the tube without any of the mods that FTGRET had to do?
        Also, what are your thoughts on convertibars (adjustable bars). What is the height (the length of fork tube that it takes up) of your early 90's CBR clip-ons?
        To both of you, you just bolted right under the tree? Can you guys email me some pics? That would be VERY helpful. Also, what is the stock fork tube diameter under the tree? Thanks so much for your help. -LK
        P.S.- you can send me some pics at loment11@hotmail.com

Comment

Mine are on top of the tree which is why I did the mods.

Comment

Clip ons for GS750ES

Dear LK,

I'm also using the clip ons from a CBR600 hurricane. The early CBRs had 37mm fork tubes. I also had to raise the fork tubes in the triple tree. Since these clip ons clamp to the exposed portion of the fork tubes, you do have some rotation adjustment, but not much before you start to contact the fuel tank or run into interference between the front master cylinder and the instrument cluster etc.

very truly yours,
            MP

Comment

mine just bolted to the top. because of the air adjustment on the top of the forks, you'd have to put the clip ons way low if you were to put them below the triple tree. I didn't adjust the height of the forks, however there is about 5mm of the clip-on that isn't clamping on the fork, but I haven't had any problems. because of the clamping mechanism, I had to cut the plastic panel that goes on top of the triple tree, you could easily run with out it, but it's up to you.

the length of tube on my clip ons is a little short, it's fine on the clutch side, but on the throttle side, the plastic throttle sticks out just far enough past the end of the clip on that I can't get a bar-end to clamp on. it helped a little when I got my gsxr front master cylinder, cause the clamping part is a little thinner, so I could side everything up, but I'm still going to have to trim the throttle a little if I want a bar end. which I do.

Comment

clip-ons

Mario/Gary,
                Did either of you have issues with the length of the bars and getting everything to fit on? Anybody know what the minimum bar length needed to put all stock bar items on the bars? Would you still be able to fit bar-end mirrors on that? And did you have to cut into the black console panel like Luc mentioned? Lastly, do you put that top bolt back onto the top of the fork, above the clip-on? That would help secure if you underlap by 5mm like Luc is mentioning. -LK

Comment

Fork Diameter stats

I found this online...
                  Gary did you get the 41mm with the CBR F2?
                  Luc it seems that the years for the F1 were 87-90.

CBR600 '87-'90 37mm (first called the Hurricane...then the F1)
                  CBR600F2/F3 '91-'98 41mm

The only other 37mm on the list were

Honda VF700/VFR750 '86-'87
                  Kawasaki EX500 '94-'02

Comment

Working...
                  X