IM IN A SITUATION AND NEED HELP NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM IN A SITUATION AND NEED HELP NOW

I GOT A 79 GS750L. I REMOVED THE LEFT ENGINE COVER TO GET TO THE STARTER CLUTCH BECAUSE THE CLUTCG WONT GRAB. I NEED TO TAKE OFF THE FLYWHEEL BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THE CRANK BOLT IS REGULUAR THREAD OR REVERSED THREAD. I TRIED TURNING IT BOTH WAYS AND DIDN'T WANT TO COME OFF. I HAVE THE BIKE APART IN MY DRIVEWAY AND NEED TO GET THIS OFF BEFORE DARK.

regular, righty tighty, lefty loosy.

please stop YELLING.

Comment

ok, i got the bolt off. now the rotor has to come off. i have a flywheel puller but it wont fit. is there a way to get this off.

Comment

edit - thought you said clutch hub
        1982 GS1000S Katana
        1982 GS1100E

Comment

IT takes a special tool, reg automtive tools will not work & you risk damaging the rotor

Comment

ok i got the rotor off. i found another slap hammer buried in my basment. it wasn't the correct thread but it went in about 3 turns and i slapped it and it came off. im taking apart starter clutch now to see whats up with it. it looks fine so far.

Comment

got it apart, starter clutch has a crack in it. so thats why it slips. im gonna put it back together so i can ride and ill just use the kick start for now. you think a starter clutch off of an 83 gs750 would fit on my 79 gs750. i have a extra parts bike

Comment

You could use the internal parts. I think The starter clutch gear is different

Comment

Working...
                X