front brake line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front brake line

Hello all. I'm a new owner of a 1981GS650L. I'm happy with almost everything on the bike except the brakes. I'd like to change to ssbraided lines on the front rather than just a flush and bleed. Any help would be appreciated.Specifically,things to look out for,size(part#?) and where to get the line and any fittings are my initial concerns. Do I need any brake specific tools?

He's got some info under his "repair and maintenance of Suzuki motorcycle" site. Its a start.

Comment

Thanks mark-he's got it laid out great ;clear pictures and all!

Comment

Lots of folks (including me) have been very pleased with lines from these folks. http://www.paragonperformance.com/.

Comment

Check www.helperformance.com I +don't like having all of the adapter fitting when you make your own lines

Comment

Thank you to all who replied. I apologize for possibly wasting your time. I had erratic handling and Felt I needed better control for safety. So I wanted to max out my braking capacity. Checking previous owners maintenance records I found he replaced the lines two years ago. They work pretty good. Today I put a new front tire (threw away a cheng win marquis) and the differance is remarkable. Bike rides like a champ. Sometimes my brain takes a whi;e to process the feedback. Should have posted my problem (handling) and gone from there. Perhaps I'll switch to ss lines next year anyway, great information makes it appear within my capabilities. Once again-thanks

Comment

I know that the Banjo bolts are 10mm, but what size are the fittings on the other end of the front brake lines? I know that they use a 14mm wrench to take them off, but I don't know what "-03" and "-04" mean.

Comment

waffle-waffle. I ordered russell ss brake lines and hope to install them next week-end (thanksgiving week-end) I'll post how it went thanks!

Comment

My russell lines arrived yesterday .One question,should I reuse the washers at the banjo bolts or should I get new ones?

Comment

Pretty good possibility of leaks with reused washers at the banjos. The washers actually have concentric grooves pressed into them when they're torqued the first time, and it's nearly impossible to get them to line up perfectly the same subsequently.

Comment

Thanks Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X