Carb. Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb. Information

I have a 1980 1100ET. I am finishing up the rebuilding of my engine and could use a little information. This is what I have done so far. I have put a 1168 kit, individual air pods, with a V and H megaphone. The header is existing but all of the engine work is new. I am hopeing that someone has a built athere bike alot like mine. What I need to know is the carb. settings. What size main jet are you useing and any other setting that you may be able to offer. I know that normally all bikes are different but it would atleast gives me a place to start. And know I have not replaced my carb with Mukini's yet.

The Beast :twisted:

Hey there Greg!!

The best advice I can give you is to just buy the DynoJet stage 3 kit for pod filters. That way you can work forward from there (might get you there right away) instead of me, working backwards.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Thanks Jethro,
      I have the stage 1 & 3 Dyno jet kit. At this time I have the stage 1 in her but was not sure which jet would be the best to start with. I have several jets that I recived when my brother changed out his carbs. I thought that I would start with the 134's and work from there.

Comment

Pods and pipe require the richer stage 3 jetting.
        Stage 1 isn't designed for use with your mods.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I plan to use the Stage 3 set up. What I need to know is which main jets are most bike's with my set up useing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy Creek Beast
            I plan to use the Stage 3 set up. What I need to know is which main jets are most bike's with my set up useing.

I'm sure some members with similar mods may answer you. But you'll still get varying opinions due to any difference in equipment or condition/tune of the engine.
            It's generally best to start on the rich side and work back. I assume you only have 2 main jet choices in the stage 3 kit? If you have K&N pods, I'd probably try the largest one. If "Emgo" or similar, I'd try the smaller mains.
            The 1100 seems to run best with the jet needle e-clip in the 5th position from the top, with/without the jetting spacer, but that's mostly from what I've read. Some have said the 4th position.
            Then you still have air jet choices, pilot jet, drilling the slides...
            Test the bike at the correct throttle positions and do what the plugs/performance say.
            Wide open for the mains, 1/3 for the needles, minimal throttle for the pilot circuits.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
            X