1977 750B suspensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 750B suspensions

I'm looking to do some upgrading to my relatively recently acquired 750B... just wondering about part compatability. Progressive's website doesn't list a fork spring aplication for the 750B, only the 750E and Katana, Bikebandit is the same. Will the same springs work on the B... is it the same fork?

Also (because I'm dumb and didn't actually go outside and look at my bike before I bid on them) I recently bought the rear shocks off of a Harley Sportster on ebay. I had read a couple of posts on here that these work with our bikes and have a lot of adjustability... however they are eye to eye and I need eye to clevis. Is there anyway to make them work (without major fabing) our should I just sit on them (they only cost me $15 so no huge deal). Any other thoughts on inexpensive rear shock upgrade (read: I want to buy Ikons or Progressives but don't have the money... so eBay is my friend)... oh yeah, and I'm a 275lb hammer thrower... so no wimpy shocks for this guy.

Don't try to mod the Eye-to-Clevis shocks to fit yer bike. Resell them! There's lots of old junk on eBay as I'm sure you have found. If you can afford $80-100 you might check into the Emgo or Red Wing brand. Also, I've seen barely used progressives for Harleys that might work for you for less than $150. The thing is to match the length eye center to eye center, and if possible the size of the bushing, although that can be rebushed to fit if it's too big, and to find some shocks that are for a bike of approx. the same weight or in your case heavier. I think the GS750's are around 550lbs. So, with your weight factored in, a shock for a bike that's around 625 lbs. should be about right, say for a V-max or a non-dresser Harley... Sportster shocks are going to be too lightweight, they only weigh 520lbs or so.

Needing shocks myself...

Comment

cool ZRX1100 shocks

I bet these would work well for you if they'll fit on your bike. Trick $500+ shocks currently at $120 on eBay - item 4585959503

- oops I misread. You need eye-to-clevis not eye-to-eye. I've been spending way too much time browsing shocks on eBay. If I see something appropriate I'll repost.

Comment

In England, i got progressive front fork springs, and rear shocks from Hagon for my 78 GS750E

Their web site may give you some information through part numbers for interchangability.

Footy.

Comment

Kind of pricey at 100 UK pounds the pair, which is what, $180 USD?, plus shipping.

Comment

Found some unused Koni shocks built up for a 78 GS750 on eBay. Item#

0 bids, opening bid $50

Ends Nov-16-05 14:43:14 PST

I'd like to grab these but I think they'd be too stiff for a GS450...

Comment

Working...
            X