GS1100 Owner? I need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 Owner? I need advice

Hi.I am in the process of fixing up a GS1100G (uk model)
    There are a couple of things you may be able to help with.
    While I was checking the valve shim clearances one of them is marked 2.050.But in the workshop manual there are no listings for these.I need a 2.10.are they easy to get?Better still has anybody got a spare one they can mail me( I live in the UK).Will pay a fair price.

Also the fuel tank on my bike has seen better days,and I would like to replace it with a US stye tank.Will one fit?Or a tank off any other bike which you know will fit.There are not that many GS1100,s over here.and parts are quite hard to get. Cheers...... C

Re: GS1100 Owner? I need advice

Originally posted by chopz5454
    I need a 2.10.are they easy to get?Better still has anybody got a spare one they can mail me( I live in the UK).Will pay a fair price.
    Most shops around here will swap the shims for free. Check with some local bike shops around you. I think new, the shims go for $6 US.

Brad tt

Comment

gs1100 shims

thanks for your reply.swap for free!!! not in the uk,still cant find the size i need c

Comment

I have the complete mechanics shim kit. The listing for shims start at 2.15 pn 12892-4500 & go up to 3.10 So I don't know. You have a 2.05 ?? I would just leave it in their & extra thousand of clearance will be fine

Comment

1100 shim

Thanks for your reply,probably take your advice,thanks again C (uk)

Comment

Working...
          X