Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I can't find the p/n for the air mixture screws??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! I can't find the p/n for the air mixture screws??

OK, so now that I have 2 trashed mixture screws that need to be replaced, I tried looking them up on the Suzuki parts diagram, and there is no reference for the screws??? I looked up every model 1000-1150 Suzuki, and NOTHING. I can see where the screws go, but no reference for the screws. I looked up a Kawasaki KZ1100, and there they were plain as day, no problem. Anyone run into this problem also?
    Rich

Did you try www.bikebandit.com ? I looked there and there's a large blow-up of the carbs for an '82 GS1100E there, but I'm not familiar enough with your carbs to be able to pick out the mixture screws. Good luck, some of the parts are discontinued.

Comment

Try Sudco http://www.sudco.com/ or

Motorcycle carbs www.motorcyclecarbs.com

Don't think they're available through the dealer.

And have a seat. Wait till you see what they cost.

If you need Orings for them get 'em here. http://cycleorings.com/

Comment

Originally posted by IanFrancisco
        Did you try www.bikebandit.com ? I looked there and there's a large blow-up of the carbs for an '82 GS1100E there, but I'm not familiar enough with your carbs to be able to pick out the mixture screws. Good luck, some of the parts are discontinued.
        That is a hidden part on the 450 carbs, betting it is on most bikes.... Bike Bandit doesn't list that screw/jet/dealio.

Comment

Some of the K&L carb kit have them. THEY are not available from Suzuki
          The one from Kawasiki may work Neve tried them

Comment

A follow up to this issue....

Well, following up on my air screw issue. The air mixture screws are NOT available from Suzuki. I did however gain good knowledge from these guys:

There are 3 different Mikuni BS CV mixture screws, which are identified by length. They are as follows: 20.6 mm, 22 mm, and 25mm. My '82 GS1100 uses the 22 mm version. I would suspect that all like sized Mikuni carbed GS's (1000 to 1150) use the 22 mm mixture screw. The 22 mm screw p/n is 18-2646 and they retail for $9.95 ea. So if you trash a screw trying to remove the EPA plugs, rebuilding a set of carbs (as I did), have no worries, they are available. BTW..... *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ on Suzuki for not offering a raplacement mixture screw, every other mfg. I reasearched offers the mixture screw and all related parts as replacement components.
            Rich

Comment

Why fault Suzuki for not offering a part that is deliberately not accessible? Adjusting those screws violates the law. The EPA is the reason that needle is blocked off, once you turn it your engine is no longer in compliance with EPA standards by which it was manufactured. That is why the dealer does not offer it forsale.

Comment

I only paid 4 or 5 dollars each through Sudco for the screws for my RS flatslides. Not sure if they carry the BS screws or not but they would be my first call for them. They are very helpful over the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor
                  Why fault Suzuki for not offering a part that is deliberately not accessible? Adjusting those screws violates the law. The EPA is the reason that needle is blocked off, once you turn it your engine is no longer in compliance with EPA standards by which it was manufactured. That is why the dealer does not offer it forsale.
                  Jim, when your 850's carbs have to be dissasembled, and the air mixture screws have to be REMOVED to properly clean the screw passage of any dirt, THEN you will understand my whole frustrating point. Like I said once, EVERY other mfg. I reasearched offers the screw, the o-ring, and a replacement EPA plug (to remain COMPLETELY EPA compliant) as separate purchasable parts. So you are telling me you have no problem purchasing a complete $500 carb, instead of a $9.95 mixture screw if that was the case? (which is the exact scenario you could be faced with, with Suzuki)

Comment

No. All I was doing was trying to explain why Suzuki doesn't offer the part for sale. I would have done the same thing you did, bought the parts from a carb shop.

Go back and look at this thread, mine was the second contribution, I posted the links to the 2 shops and the O ring supplier and I mentioned Suzuki didn't sell them.

And you're welcome.

Comment

The EPA is monitoring this chat list. Put down the screwdriver and leave the mixtures screws alone! :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X