eBay: Quality carb rebuild kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay: Quality carb rebuild kit?

Does anyone have any tips on how to tell if these are a good carb rebuild kit to buy?

Randy...

How about this one? I had good luck getting my R/R from these guys, and they're cheaper for this than CRC2. Thoughts?

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

I wouldn't even consider paying for a carb kit unless you're SURE you need one. The vast majority of us that have torn our carbs apart were able to re-use everything but the O-rings (which are available through a guy on the forums named Robert Barr for just a few dollars).

Comment

If you need the mixture screws Go ahead and get them Make sure to verify the jet #s to the old ones

Comment

Carb Kits

I have purchased these kits for my 82 GS850 and was very pleased with them, from the same person. These are K&L kits, and very complete. I would recommend the O ring kit from Robert Barr also.
          Frank

Comment

I purchased a carb kit on Ebay and received four kits with improper pilot jets even though they were labeled correctly, this caused major headaches for me for over a year until I looked at the pilots jets and noticed they were larger then spec.....

You have been forewarned and purchase those at your own risk. As fastpakr mentions, you can re-use all the jets in your carbs (aside from any other mods done or to be done on the bike) with the exception of the o-rings and Robert Barr can line you out on those.

Scud

Comment

I bought K&L kits for my '78 GS1000 and am happy with the quality. Just make sure the parts are free of any shavings from manufacturing. Also, if you are rebuilding the VM carbs, the kits for the 1000 don't include the pilot screws, but the GS750 kits do. If you need the new pointed pilot air screws, buy the 750 kits and re-use or buy the proper main jets.
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
              X