mikuni mysteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mikuni mysteries

anybody know where to find specs/ images for mikuni bs32 carbs? How do I find the carb id #

What year and model is your bike? The shop manuals, which many of us have on hand, list all the specs of the carbs. I think both my 1100E's have BS34's, or I'd help out...
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

complete diagrams

Comment

thanks for the info. I bought three bikes in boxes. a 78 a 79 and an 81 all 550's I got these carbs from an ebay seller who turned out to be pretty unreliable. what I am trying to complete is the 81 550L . I have been thru the rebuild pics on the site and have seen all kinds of specs posted here and there with id # for each. My problem is identifying what I have. I was able to measure and check the 32 mm size but other than "mikuni corp" can't find model or serial nos on the carbs????

Comment

bs and cv what do these letters in the carbs abreviate?

Comment

bs and cv what do these letters in the carbs abreviate?
            CV= constant velocity. No idea on BS...
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

when I called my local dealer and asked him how to id the carbs he was at a loss. He calls it a frankenbike - made up of parts of dead ones.....there does not appear to be anything stamped on the outside would they have used tags like cars?

Comment

I have an idea on BS but it has nothing to do with motorcycles... 8O

Scud

Comment

thanks for the bs but any ideas on finding id numbers?

Comment

Working...
                  X