Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern inverted Suzuki frok on my 1000G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern inverted Suzuki frok on my 1000G?

Hello,
    I would like to improve handling and LOOK of my 1979 GS 1000 G. I have seen very nice realisation with an inverted fork. What fork would directly bolt on my bike? Hayabuza, GSXR??
    Would I have to buy directly a new wheel or may I keep mine?
    Thank you.

It would look funny if you didn't change the front wheel. But there is another problem They are designed for wider 16" wheels So you would also have to modify the rear suspension. All this would make the bike sit lower === less ground clearence Our bike were not designed for them. Better alternitive would be to get preformance shochs for the rear and preformance springs for the front and a fork brace would make a notable difference in handling

Comment

You're opening a big can of worms trying fit a new inverted fork on that bike. Not only will you lose a bunch of ground clearance but trying to fit your wheel and brakes will require tons of modifications and machine work. An easier route would be a conventional fork front end from something like a late eighties Katana or early GSXR. Use the whole front end, wheel and triple clamps.
      Axel

Comment

OK, I thought keeping the 19'' front wheel would save me some ground clearance...
        Let's assume I change the wheel too. How did Brett do to achieve that???

This is really a look I'd like to have on my bike...
        Thanks for your advices.

Comment

Go for it

The beauty of Suzukis is that most parts are easily interchangeable. you could bolt on a compleat U/D front end from a GSXR all you have to do is change the bearings and maby swop over the stems. you can space in the rear wheel as well using an offset front sprocket. It is not a major job I have done it to my '82 katana 1000 although some mechanical ability in preferable the end result is worth it both in looks but also with better brakes tyre selection and better suspension. Check out a Brittish mag called Streetfighter to see just what is possable

Comment

Working...
          X