need help ASAP!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help ASAP!!!!!!

82 1100e need to know what size the big nut that holds the sprocket on is, also any tips on getting the philliips head screws out. any advise appreciated. thank you

For the phillips head screws get a impact driver. If you have a Sears, NAPA, auto parts store they should have one. Make sure that the kit has a #2 and #3 phillips bit. Spray some penetrating oil on the screws that you want to extract. Leave the penetrating oil work its magic overnight. The impact driver should get the screws out.

IYou didn't mention if you stripped the heads on any of the screws? If so you will need to use a dremel tool to cut a bigger slot so that you can get a bigger screwdriver into the screw head.

Comment

been out in the garage do these really need to come out to remove sprocket? am changin to 530. the nut is bigger than a 1 1/8 inch, i know it will be in millimeters?

Comment

If the same as my '79 1000, the nut is 32mm. You do not remove the 3 recessed Phillips screws.
        Not positive, but the re-torque is around 60 ft/lb on the nut. Be certain the holding washer you bend over the nut is in good shape to be re-used if you don't buy new. Don't use the same bent over section again. I suggest new. Only a couple bucks. The nuts commonly loosen up with only the bent over washer holding it.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I wouldn't go smacking the output shaft with a hammer/impact driver, espectially when it's completely unnecessary.

BTW, you may need an impact wrench to get the nut off.

Comment

the sprocket comes off after you straighten the bent washer out. I took my sprocket off with a regular half inch drive ratchet, no problem.

Comment

Working...
            X