oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil leak

hi i.ve a gs750es 1983 it.s leaking oil out of the casing by the gear lever i replaced the gasket with a new suzuki one but still the leak was there (only over 60mph) i then got goretex gasket material which was a bit thicker so i thought this might take up the high points if there was any alas to no avail this leads me to the conclusion that i might be missing something.any help would be appreciated.thanks

Most likley place for it to leak is the clutch push rod seal

Comment

oil leak

thanks sqdancerlynn1 you helped me about a year and a half ago when i had a different problem(power dying over 60mph) is this rod problem difficult to fix as i operate only on the very basic.

Comment

It should take may be a hour to repair. Remove the shift lever & cover Pull the clutch push rod out & pry the old seal out. Drive a new seal in MAKE sure the push rod is clean, apply a light coating of oil Reassemble

Comment

Re: oil leak

Originally posted by kar1don
          hi i.ve a gs750es 1983 it.s leaking oil out of the casing by the gear lever i replaced the gasket with a new suzuki one but still the leak was there (only over 60mph) i then got goretex gasket material which was a bit thicker so i thought this might take up the high points if there was any alas to no avail this leads me to the conclusion that i might be missing something.any help would be appreciated.thanks
          Another thought...at 60mph the oil is being swung up around the rubber
          grommet where the stator wires go through the case...leaks through this
          rubber seal and drips down inside of sprocket cover undetected. Makes
          its way to bottom of case where leak appears.

Went through 2 gaskets before I found this on my bike ... or it could be the push rod seal

Comment

Working...
          X