GS1150 and Performance Works Shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 and Performance Works Shock

I'm looking at replacing the stock shock on my GS1150 this winter. How easy was it to replace your shock with th Performance Works one. How easy was it to adjust it? I'm looking at the Ultrasport series with remote reservoir.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Bob

The shock is easy to replace. If you need pages from my 700 manual I can email them to you. The suspension is virtually identical to your 1150. The Works shock is decent and will be a vast improvement over a tired old stock unit. Where are you getting yours from and how much? I either need a new shock or a suspension swap from a Gixxer so I can run a newer shock. My shock is so worn it's dangerous.

Comment

I got a price from www.worksperformance.com.

Here is an extract:

We have is the Durasport with threaded preload with no reservoir for
      $509.00, also have it with a reservoir for $559.00,and we have the
      Ultrasport with a reservoir and rebound adjustment for $679.00.We will build
      these shocks to your weight and riding style,Also included is a thirty day
      ride quality and a one year Mfg warrenty.It will take about three weeks to
      get a shock from us right now.Thank you

Comment

I just put one on my wifes 1150. I had a little difficulty locating the remote resevoir. I actually kinked the line feeding it through the shock hole. I had to relocate it to remove the kink.

I ended up mounting it in front of the battery box. The bike has pods so I don't know if that location would work with an airbox.

I kind of wished I just went with the dura for $509.

The tool for preload adjustment that comes with the shock is difficutl to use due to the location of the adjuster.

I found using a long rod with some sort of protective cap works well. Tap from above the rear brake arm with a hammer.

The button inserts fitting into each eye didn't all fit. 2 worked, but I had to use the stock ones on the other end.

The ride quality is definitely better than stock, but found the rebound a bit slow. Maybe more preload would help, I've only done one adjustment.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
        X