Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoses

Dan,
    I didn't see the other vent line, although with the tank on, it's hard to say. So do you think that the line that draggings can't find a place for is just the second vent line?
    1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
    2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
    2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Well, I checked out the carb rebuild section and found out that the tube that I am talking about is a vent line....Unfortunately, I think that I may be delaying the inevitable, that I probably have something in my carbs, and that is why my bike is running so crappy right now. It ran like a raped ape before I took it apart to replace the carb boots, now, when I fire it up, it idles like a champ, but then when I barely move the bike to get on, it will idle up like crazy, like I've got the throttle 1/4 open. Then when I get to riding, it feels as though I've got something blocking off the carbs, as though it isn't getting any fuel at all, or as though it's missing a couple of cylinders. (plugs look great) Any ideas? or should I go ahead and tear it apart and see what I can find?

Comment

Does moving the handlebars side to side while sitting still change the idle? If so, your cable is too tight or bending unusually. As far as running problems, sounds like you may have knocked some crud loose moving the carb bank. For everyone's info: www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtun.html is a very informative page on how to setup CV carbs. The only thing I don't understand on the instructions is that they say to start with the main jet and work your way down to idle speed settings. Other places I've looked go about it the opposite way. Anybody know which method is right?

Comment

Working...
        X