Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it tire time

ineed tires has any body used conti tours they will be mounted on an 1150es

No I haven't use those.I got mine from discountmotorcycletire.com they're gone tho. www.ronayers.com or www.swmototires.com is pretty cheap. I installed my own, but you can find a local to install them.

Comment

conti's

I had a set on my yamaha 1100, I didn't like them the compond was to hard, they did wear well

Comment

I ordered a set of Dunlop Elites for my 81 GS850 several weeks ago from Motorcycle Accessory warehouse http://www.accwhse.com/ ... received someone elses tires about a week later. Refused them and Fed-Ex picked them back up the next day. They've refused so far to ship out the correct tires or credit my credit card correctly. I finally ordered the same tires from www.tiresunlimited.com which was the next best price I could find. I'm expecting those today. Motorcycle accessory warehouse had really good prices, but their shipping department sucks out loud. When I called back to try and get my correct tires shipped out immediately, they told me it would take 5 to 7 days to even provide me a tracking #. They basically refused to ship out my correct tires till the incorrect ones got back into their hands even though I was able to provide them with a Fed-X tracking # when they were picked up at my house. Buyer beware.

I tried Conti's years ago and felt they were a stiff compound as well. Wore well, but didn't have the sticky grip I craved.

Comment

Another vote here for http://tiresunlimited.com .

They are located in Dayton, Ohio, so my tires (Dunlop 491) arrived the next day here in Indianapolis with regular UPS shipping. Woohoo!

Unlike most other online stores, they are an actual brick-and-mortar tire store that stocks nearly everything they sell. If you're in a hurry, call and make sure they have what you need at the moment. Of course, they can also help you decide what to buy if you're undecided.

I hate middlemen!
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

if you want a hellufa lot of grip go with pirelli sport demons. I got mine from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...WT.mc_ID=52001
            for fairly cheap, I think they're having a christmas sale going on right now.

Comment

Forget motorcycle warehouse unless you like getting shafted.

Tires Unlimited is light years ahead of them in customer service, prompt delivery and inventory.

I have been happy enough with the Dunlop D205 on my 1150E that I have gone through three of them. I love Metzeler 55's, but the D205 has every bit as good a grip and gets twice the milage of the Metz on the 1150.

I tried a Pirelli Sport Demon on the 1150. It was worn out to no tread left in 2000 miles. (The only tire I have had that lasted less miles was the BT45 at 1200 miles and down to cord) The 1150 could also break the Pirelli loose at any time with a twist of throttle. I do not recommend it for an 1150. It was like riding on a greased skateboard and I spent more time wondering which direction I was going to be pointed in next than I ever have with any tire. It was scary and it takes a lot to scare me. :-)

On the other hand, Dave Plate really liked the Pirelli Sport Demon on his 750 and got good milage out of it too.

Earl
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

don,t look like the conti are happening. probably the 491 dunlop on the rear and a laser on the front

Comment

I have ordered twice from MAW and they had great prices, plenty of stock and my order arrived in 5 days. I use a rare sized 17 110/90 on the rear of mine and NOBODY had them in stock, including the other sites mentioned.

I guess it depends on what your buying and who takes the order and fills it.
                  1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                  1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I guess some people are just born lucky. :-) :-) :-) Glad you dodged the bullet. LOL

Earl

Originally posted by duaneage
                    I have ordered twice from MAW and they had great prices, plenty of stock and my order arrived in 5 days. I use a rare sized 17 110/90 on the rear of mine and NOBODY had them in stock, including the other sites mentioned.

I guess it depends on what your buying and who takes the order and fills it.
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                    X