Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a picture of a 80 550l fuel petcock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a picture of a 80 550l fuel petcock...

I need help. I was told by the dealer that my fuel petock is whole without a switch on it. By that I mean... that it has no small handle to turn it from reserve to on to off. Is that true. His computer screen tells him that the petcock stays on all the time. Is this true? If there is anyone out there with this info. or bike please let me know the deal so that I can stop tripping. I got the bike and am doing all the repairs to put it back to original and functioning for a nice ride. Please help.

You have the dreaded 1980 only petcock, it doesnt have a handle on it, just a slot so that you can turn it to prime, otherwise it is vacuum operated like a normal one. Sorry no pic.

Comment

Thank you for the help and the reply. I thought I was going to have to bumrush the parts guy for the proper information. You have saved a life. I just would like to get this classic on the road. Thank you again for the help. And after I do that I will modify the hell out of it. I got to see if it is worth it, first.

Comment

PM AOD (Adam) and see how close to you he is. He did some beautiful mods on his 550E, and I know he'd be happy to give you help and advice if he can. I have a '80 550L as well (and a '83 1100G), and also wondered about the petcock at first.

Good luck with the bike!

Steve 8)

Comment

Working...
        X