honda R/R to a GS 550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honda R/R to a GS 550

Hi, I never got a response for my request for help in wiring my honda R/R ( SH 232-12 ) to my 1977 GS 550. I assume it is different as it has a voltage regulator as well as a recitifier. I can read a schematic. I just dont want to screw up as I undersand that the electricial system is not this bikes strong point. Any help would be appreciated. Dale

STFF:

Search the Technical forum for "honda regulator"

Here's just one of the many postings:
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

R/R

I think my question was how to wire a R/R to a system with a seperate Voltage regulator and a seperate rectifier. I have read the post's that were brought to my attention by the person that responded. However I did not find anything in them that address the seperate voltage regulator. Am I missing some thing here? The last bike I had was a 1950 Indian Warrior. I am requesting more help, as I do not have the bike at my location. I want to have an idea how to wire the R/R to the bike when I get to it next summer. Dale

Comment

The Honda R/R has both the regulator and rectifier built into one unit and replaces both of the components you have. Just remove both and hook up the Honda R/R as described.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
        https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

Sandy

Sandy, thank you, that was what I need to know, thanks again Dale

Comment

Working...
          X