Embarrassing gas filling question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AOD
    Just thought I'd share something from my past experiences, those of you who are against using the reserve should consider turning it on reserve when running every once in a while to make sure nothing gets clogged up.

The one time I really needed reserve, I hadn't used it in a long time, and it wouldn't let fuel flow!

~Adam
    Ditto!

Comment

Self-service

I find the "no self-service" deal in Oregon to be very odd. It's such a waste of money and time to be put at the mercy of some half-wit who couldn't care less if you're in a hurry (plus it makes gas more expensive). Oregonians have voted on it a bunch of times....and I don't think it's ever even come close to being defeated..which I find incredible. :roll:
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Another note about refueling:
        I try to avoid the pumps with a single filler hose. I like the ones with one hose for each grade. It may be all in my head, but it seems to me that if Im getting 2 gallons of premium, I dont want a hose full of regular at premium price first. Dont know how much is in the hose at that time, but its probably alot more than the proverbial "drop in a bucket".

Comment

Originally posted by jhw84
          Another note about refueling:
          I try to avoid the pumps with a single filler hose. I like the ones with one hose for each grade. It may be all in my head, but it seems to me that if Im getting 2 gallons of premium, I dont want a hose full of regular at premium price first. Dont know how much is in the hose at that time, but its probably alot more than the proverbial "drop in a bucket".
          It's in my head too. I'd say there is at least a quart in the hose from the previous customer.

Comment

Working...
          X