lONELY GS'R .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lONELY GS'R .

so much for making my 450 L look cool . I just got it back from the mechanic . They were supposed to fix the tapping noise in the engine but they didn't because the mechanic said it was easy to rack up thousands of dollars to fix it but that he wouldn't be scared to drive it to california. Any thoughts anybody ? Keep in mind the 450 's crankshaft ( i think is not on roller bearings ) so it's not exactly the bullet proof GS.

AIr cooled bikes generally have a lot of mechanical noise. If the oil pressure is good, valve adj good, RIDE IT!!

Comment

Yeah oil pressure is good

but I think the valves still might need adjusting .

Comment

Then adjust them. It's easy and it won't cost you thousands of dollars. You'll also have the satisfaction of knowing it's right. The mechanic sounds lazy or stupid or perhaps both.

Comment

Sounds like the mechanic just didn't want to mess with it. :?

Brad tt

Comment

Valve adjustments are pretty easy to do. Not many tools nessecary. Maybe a local GS'r can help Adam out?
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Where y'at? I assume you're far away from California...

There might be someone nearby who can help you out. It helps pass the time until spring.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I live in virginia beach .

virginia. IF no one can help I might just seel it and get a 500 or 550 cc. It's gotta brand new chain on it.

Comment

When does the tapping occur? When was the oil last changed? Does the tapping noise go away as you increase the rpm's?

If the bike runs good and you have recently changed the oil and adjusted the valves I wouldn't worry about it. Ride it.

Comment

Working...
                  X