Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What is the best exhaust system for 1980GS1100E

Can anyone tell me the following:

1. What is a great name brand for exhaust pipes?
    2. What is a great set of 4-in-1's in the $250-$500 range?
    2.1. Can I even get a "great" set for that amount of $$$?
    3. How much increase in horsepower can one expect with those pipes?

My Bike:

1980 Suzuki GS1100E

Anxiously awaiting responses...thanks!

Rudi
    San Antonio, TX

Try www.denniskirk.com or www.parts411.com. Either of these places may have an exhaust system you'll like. I've had both Kerker and Vance&Hines and liked both. Although the V&H I have now (supersport) sounds and looks better to me. New ones are getting harder to come by every day though. Keep an eye on E-Bay, those things pop up there sometimes for a good price. To get the most out of a 4-1 system the carbs will have to be re-jetted which is VERY time consuming, but worth it if you have the patience. I can't say for sure about horsepower increases, but I'd have to say somewhere in the 5-10 range for a properly set-up system . (At least this is what I've read in the mags years ago). By the way I have an '82 1100EZ which has the V&H supersport exhaust and Dyno-jet stage 3 carb kit. Works for me.

Comment

I agree with Jeff, I have the Dennis Kirk catalogue and it has what you're looking for. But remember the carbs may have to be rejetted for the new exhaust system.
      GY

Comment

Exhaust

Jeff, I have an 82 GS1100ez also, do you want to sell the V&H pipe and stage 3 kit? How much? I live a couple hours from you, just north of Olympia, Wa.

Comment

Hey Quickie, thanks for offering to relieve me of my exhaust and jet kit but no thanks... I'll just keep on suffering with them, LOL. Besides part of the jet kit installation involves enlarging the existing hole in the bottom of the carb slides, so it's kinda hard to undo.

Comment

Hey Quickie, thanks for offering to relieve me of my exhaust and jet kit but no thanks... I'll just keep on suffering with them, LOL. Besides part of the jet kit installation involves enlarging the existing hole in the bottom of the carb slides, so it's kinda hard to undo.

Comment

Comment

Quickie! I wasn't trying to rub it in with 3 replys. My screw up.

Comment

There's not much left to choose from but I think V&H still has one available. I think the chrome meg style looks better on the older bikes but that's just me. Good luck with Kerker as they don't make them anymore(e-bay or NOS somewhere if you're lucky) I like the Kerker and I'm trying to find another for a backup. Maybe Jardine or Mac still has them. Personally I'd pick Jardine over Mac given the option. Yoshimura is out too unless you can get a good used one but you'll have to rejet to get the Yosh to cooperate. Good Hunting.

Jon Kram

81 GS750EX and proud of it !!

Comment

Worth a shot

Hey Jeff, I didn't want you to suffer to bad, so I thought I would offer, but if that's the way you want to be... lol

Comment

Working...
                    X