cam chain guide question GS1100Gk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam chain guide question GS1100Gk

I have a 1982 GS1100GK. I have pulled the head and had some broken bolts pulled and some nice helicoils put in. Now I am about the work of reassmebly and I have a part I know where it goes but not which side is up and I don't see it in my manuals.

This piece is a form of chain guide that attaches to the head in the chain channel above the cam chain tensioner. It is small and triangular and bolts with 2 bolts to the head. My question is. Does it go with small side down or small side up. I think it goes in with the small side down and the larger portion of the guide is up but I want to confirm before I torque it all down and go to the next steps.

Please bear with me on this one. I feel like I should know the answere but I don't.

Thanks

part #8 in this diagram??

Comment

Yes. Thank you

Comment

While you have the tensioner apart make sure you check part#7 in the diagram. Try to gently bend it. If you see any cracks in it replace it. You will see more cracking in higher mileage GK's. Make sure part #15 moves in and out freely (aka isn't stuck)

Comment

Working...
        X