Need a fork air valve 82 GS850 GLZ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a fork air valve 82 GS850 GLZ.

I was taking off the chrome nut cap and snapped the little brass air valve. Does any one have one that they know will fit my bike. I went into a bone yard and got several off other bikes, but none would fit. The dealers want to sell me the whole set of caps. Not just the valves.

I would be happy to pay 5.00 for the item. pluss a buck or two for postage.

Thanks Chris.

Look in the For Sale section for Dennis Roy. He has several parts bikes. I have delt with him nd he's a good guy. He also has a GS850GL he's parting out.
    GY

Comment

I sent him an E-mail already.

I sent him an E-mail already to inquire about the bike. It doesn't look like he wants to take parts off of it. I think he's trying to sell the whole bike. I'll E-mail him again to ask for if he's parting it out. Thanks. Chris.

Comment

Chris,

I just purchased the same part from a local dealer for my '80 GS1000E.
        It cost $8 and came with the o-ring and schrader valve. The Suzuki parts list also had the assembly with the cap but I was able to order just the part I needed.

Maybe a diference in the bikes or maybe your dealer needs educating in parts list reading or customer service.

Steve

Comment

Chris;
          I had the same experience as wheelie.
          dealer sold me the valve with 0-ring...but I also needed the chrome cap...for about $10-12.
          Is there another dealer you can go to?? Compare the competition.

Comment

I get the run around at some dealers.

I go to a couple of dealers in Baltimore Maryland. They usually don't help me mutch. Every time they tell me that they cant order something or they don't have it in stock. I go to another dealer out in Harford County and they either have it in stock or low and behold they can order it after all.

Not even they seem to be able to help me with this one though.

Comment

I go to a couple of dealers in Baltimore Maryland. They usually don't help me mutch. Every time they tell me that they cant order something or they don't have it in stock. I go to another dealer out in Harford County and they either have it in stock or low and behold they can order it after all.

Comment

Comment

I'm way out in Calif If you can't find one let me know I have a spare set of fork tubes for 1980? 850GL should worK

Comment

Working...
                  X