No announcement yet.

77 Gs 750 carb woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha HA, Success!!! Managed to post it!! Does this help? No sign of 'o' rings.
    The new ones on order have the 'o' rings as well.

Comment

lwhite, I made a reply as you were just sending yours. Maybe my latest info will help you as to where the o-ring is located.
      Don't mistake the o-ring for being inside the manifold. Yes, there is a "built in" o-ring that's part of the inner manifold. This built in o-ring fits into the groove that's cut around the carb-to-head-inlet. The manifold clamp then fits in a slightly recessed area of the manifold that clamps directly over this.
      The manifold o-ring is a removable o-ring that sits in a groove cut into the flat metal "face" of the manifold. This o-ring seals the gap between the manifold and head.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Keith, look at the pic on the previous page & let me know your views on it, all my other GS's DO HAVE the groove & 'o' rings, but not this one for whatever reason, also they are genuine suzuki inlet rubbers, I don't get it.

Comment

OK. Just checked your pic's. Pic' is a little dark but the see manifold on the right.
          On the top there's a darker black area. About 1/8" wide and a half circle. That black area should be a groove for the o-ring. Somebody has filled it up. This manifold will never seal air correctly. The flat surface is not enough. The o-ring, when torqued correctly, will seal correctly.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Yours could have been aftermarket boots that did not have the rings.
            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I think you may well be right, the new replacements are the same as my other 4 GS's, with 'O' rings & grooves. I originaly stated they were Suzuki, but on inspection, they only have 'made in japan' on them, obviously an inferior part.

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage
                Yours could have been aftermarket boots that did not have the rings.
                I can't imagine how the makers think they would seal. :?

Comment

Originally posted by lwhite
                  I think you may well be right, the new replacements are the same as my other 4 GS's, with 'O' rings & grooves. I originaly stated they were Suzuki, but on inspection, they only have 'made in japan' on them, obviously an inferior part.
                  The ones in your pic' look like the groove was filled and then sanded or something.
                  Anyway, be sure to apply some hi-temp grease to the new o-rings and torque to about 6 ft/lb. Over-tightening just crushes them and shortens their service life.
                  Let us know how it runs.

Comment

Well, i've just recieved the new replacements, they have a groove (like my others) & O rings, I spoke to Suzuki, & apparrently, the very early 750's had these non 'O' ring inlets, but they soon changed them for this later type, mine ARE genuine, i've just found tiny 'S' logo on them.
                    Just fitted them, it starts & runs much better, got to get it sorted now!

Comment

Ahhhh, thats more like it. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by lwhite
                      Well, i've just recieved the new replacements, they have a groove (like my others) & O rings, I spoke to Suzuki, & apparrently, the very early 750's had these non 'O' ring inlets, but they soon changed them for this later type, mine ARE genuine, i've just found tiny 'S' logo on them.
                      Just fitted them, it starts & runs much better, got to get it sorted now!
                      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Glad to hear the bike's running better. What needs "sorting out"?

Comment

since the "O" rings were leaking and probably had been for some time, I suspect "sorting out" would be a carb synch. :-) :-)

eh ehe hehehhe

Earl

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                            since the "O" rings were leaking and probably had been for some time, I suspect "sorting out" would be a carb synch. :-) :-)

eh ehe hehehhe

Earl

Go to bed Earl.

Comment

Yeh, its running better, but its still crap! That what I meant by 'sorting out'.
                              I,ve put the air-box & filter back on, Choke out, starts instantly, & runs fast just like my 2 1000's & 1100, I can push the choke to just below halfway, & rpm's drop, any less choke & it dies, even with a warm engine, it won't start at all without choke, i've tried with all the slides 'bottomed' as far as they will go, as per instructions, no different, tried lifting them all in sync a bit, won't run at all. I feel sure that once (if) I can get the revs down, i'll be able to tune the carbs, but at the moment, whatever I seem to do, it will only run from 2000-5000 rpm on the choke position alone, touch the throttle & there's a big induction roar & it dies.

To give you an idea as to what I have, start your cold engine on full choke, then imediately open the throttle, it dies with induction roar, right?Thats what I have!

Comment

But, but, but Keith, youre sooooooooo easy. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Go to bed Earl.

Comment

Working...
                                X