No announcement yet.

77 Gs 750 carb woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my 79 750E (same setup as yours), I found the optimum pilot fuel screw setting was 1 1/4 turn out. Pilot air screw was 1 3/4 turns out.
    Float bowls set to 25 mm. (yeah, I know 25mm is beyond the book range)
    I found hard starting and need of full choke was eliminated by having a higher fuel level in the float bowls, hence the 25 mm setting.

Earl

Originally posted by lwhite
    Yeh, its running better, but its still crap! That what I meant by 'sorting out'.
    I,ve put the air-box & filter back on, Choke out, starts instantly, & runs fast just like my 2 1000's & 1100, I can push the choke to just below halfway, & rpm's drop, any less choke & it dies, even with a warm engine, it won't start at all without choke, i've tried with all the slides 'bottomed' as far as they will go, as per instructions, no different, tried lifting them all in sync a bit, won't run at all. I feel sure that once (if) I can get the revs down, i'll be able to tune the carbs, but at the moment, whatever I seem to do, it will only run from 2000-5000 rpm on the choke position alone, touch the throttle & there's a big induction roar & it dies.

To give you an idea as to what I have, start your cold engine on full choke, then imediately open the throttle, it dies with induction roar, right?Thats what I have!
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try those settings, (tomorrow)

Comment

Should be spot on. Those were for my bike with stock pipes and airbox/filter and 102.5 mains.

Earl

Originally posted by lwhite
        Thanks, I'll try those settings, (tomorrow)
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Hmmm...What I don't understand is you say the bike has been through this "start up after storage" routine many times and had no problems.
          The carbs wouldn't lose their adjustments (floats/fuel& air screws/synch) from sitting. Only thing carb related would be old fuel varnishing up the jets/passages. You say you've cleaned them completely. You also say you've bench synched correctly.
          So what your bike is doing is showing fuel starvation. Caused by either poor vacuum or lack of fuel.
          Did you check out my bench synch instructions in my earlier post? Is that how you've done it?
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

[quote="earlfor"]Should be spot on. Those were for my bike with stock pipes and airbox/filter and 102.5 mains.
            My mains are 105, & according to suzuki, thats what they should be.
            I can't really do anything until the weekend, as its dark when I get in from work, & the lighting isn't good enough to 'tinkle' with the screws in the garage, i'll look at it outside in the UK's awful winter daylight this weekend!!

Comment

No way

Originally posted by earlfor
              Sounds like the carbs are badly out of synch.
              It is impossible for that to work, it simply can not be done like that.

Comment

Working...
              X