Whats the go with the site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the go with the site?

Ive been de-registered twice now.........

Its starting to get annoying, It seems that just because you dont get online every day of the week the site somehow automatically de-registers you.............

There is description the "announcment" section, about the 5th or 6th one "database purges". I had been "purged" once myself, but understand why.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Re: Whats the go with the site?

I believe Frank has it set up so that if you do not logon for 60 days, you are deleted. Considering the turnover of 1 or 2 post newbies, things would get out of hand if things were left to snowball. LOL

Earl

Originally posted by GS750
      Ive been de-registered twice now.........

Its starting to get annoying, It seems that just because you dont get online every day of the week the site somehow automatically de-registers you.............
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I don't post very often, so I have been a 2 or 3 post newbie for years now. I just keep recreating my account.

Comment

heh heh heh heh

Earl

Originally posted by kkesler
          I don't post very often, so I have been a 2 or 3 post newbie for years now. I just keep recreating my account.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

The purge period had been changed from 60 to 90 days because it was inconvenient for some folks. Fine. But now we get someone who either doesn't visit, log in or post something for 90 days and he's whining because he got purged from the database. Boo hoo. Sorry pal, you get no sympathy here. Non-participants get purged - simple as that. Strike One...

Besides, this thread does not belong in the Technical area. Strike Two... :twisted:

--- Frank ---

Comment

Originally posted by fperreault
              Non-participants get purged - simple as that. Strike One...

Besides, this thread does not belong in the Technical area. Strike Two... :twisted:

--- Frank ---
              LOL!
              2010 Honda VFR1200F
              1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
              Being Revisited
              1981 Honda CM400T
              http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

The burning bush has spoken..........
                1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I just had to re-register 'cause my bike has been working perfectly and I have no time to ride...................

Doh!

Comment

hey- Frank's here! The check's in the mail Frank thanks

Comment

The purge period had been changed from 60 to 90 days because it was inconvenient for some folks. Fine. But now we get someone who either doesn't visit, log in or post something for 90 days and he's whining because he got purged from the database. Boo hoo. Sorry pal, you get no sympathy here. Non-participants get purged - simple as that. Strike One...

--- Frank ---
                      You've just been busted!

Comment

I do sneak in to check in on you guys occasionally. :twisted:

--- Frank ---

Comment

I don't post much either but always check in to see what is new on the GS Resources .Robu

Comment

Not always 60 or 90 days. I rarely miss a day visiting this site. On june 20th I had posted a reply to someone's question, & everything was fine. Less than 10 min. later I tried to post another reply to another question & found I had been completely deleted from the site. I couldn't believe what had been deleted. I went back & looked up questions that I had posted replys to & found the questions & everyone elses responses were there, but my responses were deleted. I couldn't find anything anywhere on the site that related to me. It took me a few days to think to try re-registering, I re-registered using the same screen name, same password, same e-mail address, everything exactly like before and everything worked perfectly. The only change was, now I've been a member since June 24th 2005, and I was originally a member since sometime in 2002 or 2003. Never knew what happened, but it sure wasn't from not visiting the site nor posting for 60 days. Golly, why is there so much I don't know about these durn computers???
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Y'know Frank, come to think of it, what happens if you dont sneak in at least once every 90 days? :-) :-) You might have to come back as 1100ED. LOL

Earl

I do sneak in to check in on you guys occasionally. :twisted:

--- Frank ---

Comment

Working...
                              X