Whats the go with the site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor
    Y'know Frank, come to think of it, what happens if you dont sneak in at least once every 90 days? :-) :-) You might have to come back as 1100ED. LOL

Earl

Originally posted by fperreault
    I do sneak in to check in on you guys occasionally. :twisted:

--- Frank ---
    I think He already did Earl.

Comment

I thought 1100ED had been more bizarre than usual lately. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by scotty
      I think He already did Earl.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
        Y'know Frank, come to think of it, what happens if you dont sneak in at least once every 90 days? :-) :-) You might have to come back as 1100ED. LOL

Earl

Originally posted by fperreault
        I do sneak in to check in on you guys occasionally. :twisted:

--- Frank ---
        Thems fightin words

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips
          Not always 60 or 90 days. I rarely miss a day visiting this site. On june 20th I had posted a reply to someone's question, & everything was fine. Less than 10 min. later I tried to post another reply to another question & found I had been completely deleted from the site. I couldn't believe what had been deleted. I went back & looked up questions that I had posted replys to & found the questions & everyone elses responses were there, but my responses were deleted. I couldn't find anything anywhere on the site that related to me. It took me a few days to think to try re-registering, I re-registered using the same screen name, same password, same e-mail address, everything exactly like before and everything worked perfectly. The only change was, now I've been a member since June 24th 2005, and I was originally a member since sometime in 2002 or 2003. Never knew what happened, but it sure wasn't from not visiting the site nor posting for 60 days. Golly, why is there so much I don't know about these durn computers???
          I had another incidence of this happening before. I tried tracking it down and could never find anything conclusive as to why the users entry got deleted. It certainly sounds like you met the conditions for not getting purged so I'm not to sure what to say. If it happens again be sure to let me know. The sooner you let me know after the purge is done, the easier it is to track down.

--- Frank ---

Comment

<--- working very hard on not being de-registered. In the event of the rare day that I arrive and have nothing useful (?) to say, I'll cut and paste a post from one of the other forums I participate it... so ya'll jes bear with me if I drop ya'll a recipe for chocolate chip pancakes or explain to a deserving newbie exactly how to "Back-up, Fdisk, Format & Reinstall their XPSP2 on a triply partitioned 120 Gb drive Then I'll realize where I'm at and ask one of the burning questions that keep me awake nights... like where does all the rubber go that wears off of motorcycle tires? We ought to be armpit deep in the stuff by now!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDanger
              <--- working very hard on not being de-registered. In the event of the rare day that I arrive and have nothing useful (?) to say, I'll cut and paste a post from one of the other forums I participate it... so ya'll jes bear with me if I drop ya'll a recipe for chocolate chip pancakes or explain to a deserving newbie exactly how to "Back-up, Fdisk, Format & Reinstall their XPSP2 on a triply partitioned 120 Gb drive Then I'll realize where I'm at and ask one of the burning questions that keep me awake nights... like where does all the rubber go that wears off of motorcycle tires? We ought to be armpit deep in the stuff by now!
              The intention of having everyone post every 90 days is to get folks to participate in the forums. Even if the post is done for the purposes of having fun, it allows you to interact with the rest of the folks who hang out here. It sounds like that's what your doing.

--- Frank ---

Comment

I worry about this too. I have nightmares that I will attempt to log on and find I have been purged from lack of activity on the forum :?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

:mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDanger
                  ...like where does all the rubber go that wears off of motorcycle tires? We ought to be armpit deep in the stuff by now!
                  Microbes. They eat it. Mutant 59.

Comment

<--- shaking his head and mumbling to himself in disbelief at Hoomgar's 11-thousand+ posts... "The guy MUST be balancing his checkbook from within the technical forum!"

Comment

90 Day Posting

I hope this resets my 90 day clock.
                      Frank

Comment

Re: 90 Day Posting

Originally posted by flg1143
                        I hope this resets my 90 day clock.
                        Frank
                        In theory, it should.

--- Frank ---

Comment

How strange. I too have that same nightmare. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

[quote="Hoomgar"]
                          I worry about this too. I have nightmares that I will attempt to log on and find I have been purged from lack of activity on the forum :?
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Question for Frank, or whoever knows,

You don't have to really post a topic or reply to one... to not get "purged"... do you??

Don't you just have to "Log-in"??

I figured, as long as I "Logged-in" once in a while... I'd stay active.
                            I don't have that much to write yet. I'm more of a reader and learner at this point. So I just log-in, maybe, once every 10 times that I'm actually here to read all your expertise about our GS's.

Thanks... I'm just as much of a beginner regarding websites and computers... as I am about motorcycle mechanics

Comment

[quote="earlfor"]How strange. I too have that same nightmare. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                              It's a fear we will just have to overcome Earl. Maybe post more? :?

Comment

Maybe hoomie could lend you some of his posts each month

Comment

Working...
                                X