Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregM.
    Question for Frank, or whoever knows,

You don't have to really post a topic or reply to one... to not get "purged"... do you??

Don't you just have to "Log-in"??

I figured, as long as I "Logged-in" once in a while... I'd stay active.
    I don't have that much to write yet. I'm more of a reader and learner at this point. So I just log-in, maybe, once every 10 times that I'm actually here to read all your expertise about our GS's.

Thanks... I'm just as much of a beginner regarding websites and computers... as I am about motorcycle mechanics
    Yes, you have to post 1 message once every 90 days or you get purged. The 3 conditions for purging are

- You have to log in once every 90 days
    - You have to visit once every 90 days
    - You have to post 1 message every 90 days

Some people somehow feel like they have to register to use the forums. The only reasons for registering are to be able to post or to get access to the Off-Topic area (which I won't allow you to join if you are a low count poster). If folks have no intention on ever posting then they really needn't bother registering for the forums.

--- Frank ---
    This is a test of signatures.

There should be a word bolded in this line through the toolbar.

There should be a word bolded in this line through <b>HTML</b>

There should be a word bolded in this line through BBCode

Comment

Re: 90 Day Posting

Originally posted by flg1143
      I hope this resets my 90 day clock.
      Frank
      and mine too!

Knowing that its 90 days now, If I dont have something to ask in relation to my ride (1977 GS750B) I will just post some garbage about a breather tube, air filter being dirty, or how to clean tyres once every 88 days!

LoL frank! what happens to me on Strike 3............. ?? do I become a newbie yet again????

At least this thread is getting more traffic than 99.9% of the real "help" ones!

Ps: I couldnt find the correct "technical" area to post so I figured, what the hell, its a forum right, some smart ar*e will soon tell me im wrong to post this here!

Anyways, Im a newbie (3rd time) so leave me alone!

Comment

Originally posted by fperreault
        Originally posted by GregM.
        Question for Frank, or whoever knows,

You don't have to really post a topic or reply to one... to not get "purged"... do you??

Don't you just have to "Log-in"??

I figured, as long as I "Logged-in" once in a while... I'd stay active.
        I don't have that much to write yet. I'm more of a reader and learner at this point. So I just log-in, maybe, once every 10 times that I'm actually here to read all your expertise about our GS's.

Thanks... I'm just as much of a beginner regarding websites and computers... as I am about motorcycle mechanics
        Yes, you have to post 1 message once every 90 days or you get purged. The 3 conditions for purging are

Some people somehow feel like they have to register to use the forums. The only reasons for registering are to be able to post or to get access to the Off-Topic area (which I won't allow you to join if you are a low count poster). If folks have no intention on ever posting then they really needn't bother registering for the forums.

--- Frank ---
        Frank, Im sure that you would have been able to see that I was posting alot of questions early in my first 2 memberships.

Problem is that there is only so many problems one can experience with a motorcycle. I bought my ride with 42000Km on the clock 2 years ago and I have stuck another 40ooo on it. Its running fine so I dont need to visit the forums for advice or to post.

I have found that when you DO post questions like my post asking about changing the forks and tripple tree from my GS750B to a larger diameter unit, and asked for models etc to use, there were either no replys, or alot of replies that were either hijacking the thread or were just crap that wasnt relevant anyway!

Ive refered 8 people to this site now, and another just yesterday. I consider that the 90 day rule (which stil lhasnt been explained clearly) is silly.

my 2 cents.

Andrew
        GS750B (1977)
        Western Queensland, Australia

Comment

The 3 conditions for purging are

Frank, Thanks for explaing that again (here and on the announcment section). You have been very specific as to why there is a need to purge inactive accounts, and you have listed 3 very specific criteria for being purged (well, not being purged, actaully). One thing that might clear up some of the questions is if the 3 critera are an 'any' or 'all', do we have to meet any of the critera to not be purged, or do we have to meet all of the criteria to not be purged.
          [dern programmers; being so argumentive over seemily small details]
          I seem to gather that must meet all critera to not be purged. ANd if my understanding is correct, then since have to do the first two in order to meet the 3rd, then might as well only state the 3rd.
          http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
          Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Originally posted by REDMAN
            The 3 conditions for purging are

Frank, Thanks for explaing that again (here and on the announcment section). You have been very specific as to why there is a need to purge inactive accounts, and you have listed 3 very specific criteria for being purged (well, not being purged, actaully). One thing that might clear up some of the questions is if the 3 critera are an 'any' or 'all', do we have to meet any of the critera to not be purged, or do we have to meet all of the criteria to not be purged.
            [dern programmers; being so argumentive over seemily small details]
            I seem to gather that must meet all critera to not be purged. ANd if my understanding is correct, then since have to do the first two in order to meet the 3rd, then might as well only state the 3rd.
            Yes, you have to meet all three conditions or your account gets purged. Of course, if you post you won't get purged since you have to be logged in to post and a logged in session is considered a visit.

--- Frank ---

Comment

Once a quarter click the reply button on any thread, click on a happy/sad face, then click submit. Three clicks a quarter, 12 clicks a year. How hard can that be?

And just click the option that automatically logs you in when you visit the site.
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

You got that right Don!

--- Frank ---

Comment

HEY!!! Let's not start with that logic crap. It confuses me.

Comment

Working...
                  X