Vacuum operated petcock alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum operated petcock alternatives

Upon taking my petcock apart to rebuild it, I found that the prime actuator spring had been mangled. I REALLY don't want to buy a new petcock. Has anyone found a source for an electrically operated solenoid valve that has worked? Using the ignition for controlling the fuel shutoff seems to make more sense to me than vacuum. I'd appreciate any input.

PS: Anyone want to buy a rebuild kit?

Don't know of anything off hand but can't you rig it so the spring will work? Post a picture if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by JayH
      Don't know of anything off hand but can't you rig it so the spring will work? Post a picture if you can.
      The spring I mentioned is a flat leaf type spring that is odd shaped. As I understand it, it's used to push the center of the diaphragm up to allow fuel flow when in the prime position. It know it is supposed to ride on the plastic valve core somehow but I'm not sure what it is supposed to look like (before it was mangled).

Comment

I know the 1980, & I think all of the Kawasaki KZ 1300's have an electric fuel shut off. shouldn't be a big deal to adapt one to a GS.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
        X