No announcement yet.

Question about the rubber "pilot jet" plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so disheartened to discover that Keith didn't share a url link that would show me an illustration of these carbs opened up a bit.

Thorough understanding of aircraft updraft carburetors notwithstanding... I'm still learning, and a good picture to a simpleton like me is worth millions of words

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDanger
      I was so disheartened to discover that Keith didn't share a url link that would show me an illustration of these carbs opened up a bit.

Thorough understanding of aircraft updraft carburetors notwithstanding... I'm still learning, and a good picture to a simpleton like me is worth millions of words
      If I have time, maybe I'll take a pic' of the pic' in the factory manual. Wouldn't be able to do it 'til Saturday though.
      The way I described it earlier is all there is to it. The main
      "tower" is emersed in fuel as is the slightly shorter access hole/plug that covers the pilot jet. Just picture two fingers in a bowl of water. If level or leaned over like on a sidestand, they're both still emersed in fuel.
      I can't see how removing the plug would cause more or less fuel to enter the pilot jet.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
      X