• Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1100E - which pilot jets?

1. KN224.103

2. KN151.067

3. KVM 28/486

4. KVM 22/210

I'm sorry, I can't remember what they look like. I want to have them before I tear into the bike again. I think I need #3 KVM 28/486?
    I'm pretty sure the mains are KN100-604 (large round).

thanks-
    Kevin

Pilots

If they are the stock carbs #4 Bleed type pilots, & large round jets.

Comment

Kevin, heres the pilots I just pulled from my '82, (they are #45's). I about guarantee you will gouge the crap out of the slot trying to get them out (I did). Keep in mind, if you buy the K&S carb kits they come with all new pilot, main, and mixture needles.

Comment

Kevin,

You need #4.................

Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Thanks.
          Clam, that picture sure looks like the #2 jet.

I'm going to order them through sudco instead of bike bandit. for some reason BB doesn't offer a 47.5 like the V&H boys suggest.

BTW V&H also suggests 122.5 mains with the 4-1 megaphone chrome street pipe, and to remove the airbox lid.

Actually they suggest a dynojet kit as the best stage 1 option, but I'm going to try the $18 option first with Mikuni jets, and if that doesn't work out, I'll spring for the $120 DJ kit.

-K

Comment

Originally posted by outofcontrol
            Thanks.
            Clam, that picture sure looks like the #2 jet.

I'm going to order them through sudco instead of bike bandit. for some reason BB doesn't offer a 47.5 like the V&H boys suggest.

BTW V&H also suggests 122.5 mains with the 4-1 megaphone chrome street pipe, and to remove the airbox lid.

Actually they suggest a dynojet kit as the best stage 1 option, but I'm going to try the $18 option first with Mikuni jets, and if that doesn't work out, I'll spring for the $120 DJ kit.

-K

They are also available through Tucker Rocky Distributing (most dealers can get parts from this supplier. The are called "non bleed" type Mikuni Pilots. Heres a link for Tucker's online catalog:
            Rich

Comment

Working...
            X