GS1150EF body covers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150EF body covers.

Does anyone know if the body covers i.e. frame, cowling, are interchangable between the years 1983 through 1986. The color doesn't matter, its the location of the attaching tabs thats important.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Re: GS1150EF body covers.

Side covers for 84,85 and 86 1150's are the same. If you mean the ES fairing by "cowling", it will also fit those years.

Earl

Originally posted by robert_r_lefebvre
    Does anyone know if the body covers i.e. frame, cowling, are interchangable between the years 1983 through 1986. The color doesn't matter, its the location of the attaching tabs thats important.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Any chance the GS1150EF fairing and cowl will fit a GS750EF? I'm guessing that its mostly a matter of fitting the bracket that holds the cowling/fairing around the bars and headlight and then fabbing something for the lower fairing.

I like the look of the GS1150 fairings a lot more and it looks like the windscreen might actually...screen some wind.

/\/\ac

Comment

I'm inclinded to think the 1150E fairing could be fitted to the 750E with minimal adjustment. The 1150's all had a round 8" headlight and I believe the corresponding years 750 had a square headlight. If correct, that may be a problem.

Earl

Originally posted by Macmatic
        Any chance the GS1150EF fairing and cowl will fit a GS750EF? I'm guessing that its mostly a matter of fitting the bracket that holds the cowling/fairing around the bars and headlight and then fabbing something for the lower fairing.

I like the look of the GS1150 fairings a lot more and it looks like the windscreen might actually...screen some wind.

/\/\ac
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Working...
        X