rear brake pad adjustment question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear brake pad adjustment question.

I have just installed rear brake pads and was wondering if the wheel is suppose to turn freely or have just a slight bit of pressure from the brakes.There seems to be just a slight bit of pressure on these.I dont want to overheat the rotor,unless its just the shaft drive thats throwing me off.

Disc brakes drag a little. unless the wheel is really hard to turn it is probably ok. Grease the slides for the caliper with hi-temp greaase and it should return easily
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

It's normal to have light contact on the rotor from the brake pad. As long as the pad is able to move freely without binding you should be all right.

Comment

thanks guys.I can spin the back wheel and it seems to be fine,just drive shaft noise,but the front wheel spins real easy but the brakes squeak after it warms up so I'll just take em out .clean and regrease them.

Comment

If they keep squeaking you can put a coating of "brake eze" (sp) or something like that. If you go to a NAPA store they will either have a spray can or a tube of the stuff. You also might get a squeak for a while until the pads bed into the rotors.

Comment

Working...
          X