Key hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key hell.

Anyone: It seems official now that I've lost the only key that I had to my 81 GS650EX. Looked everywhere and it is simply gone. Soon to be X-wife may have had something to do with it.

Being the novice rider/mechanic that I am, I have no idea if bikes can be rekeyed like cars can?

Any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn Davis.

Get the number off your ignition lock and take it to a reputable locksmith. They will make you a new key. If they say they can't, try another locksmith. This is what I did. I used Wizzard Lock & Key. Saved me from buying a new ignition switch

Comment

Great, I was hoping that would be the case.

You know what really sucks though: The key was attached to the ORIGINAL keychain from the dealership here in WV (now out of business) that my bike was sold from back in 1981!!!

That was a cool piece of orig. equip. and I hate that it's gone.

Thanks for taking time to help.

Comment

There has got to be something of value that she owns that you can take hostage! Does she have a cat? A can of tuna and a have-a-heart trap could get you that ket back!
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

The number is also on the back of the gas cap, the helmet lock and the rear trunk lid, it is a 3 digit number.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
            There has got to be something of value that she owns that you can take hostage! Does she have a cat? A can of tuna and a have-a-heart trap could get you that key back!
            Just the thing for her cat
            Modus99 merupakan link nyelot yang memberikan auto jackpot maxwin hingga dapat claim extra bonus x5000 tentu menjadikan situs paling viral sejagat raya sehingga semua komunitas berlomba-lomba ingin mencoba memulai pengalaman bermain yang fairplay.
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

There has got to be something of value that she owns that you can take hostage! Does she have a cat? A can of tuna and a have-a-heart trap could get you that ket back!
              That's what I like about you Geoff, always thinking... deviously! :twisted:

Originally posted by crag antler
              There has got to be something of value that she owns that you can take hostage! Does she have a cat? A can of tuna and a have-a-heart trap could get you that key back!
              Just the thing for her cat
              http://internet.ls-la.net/pictures/Cat-Carrier.html

After he gets the key back of course. Not before 8O :twisted:

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the advice.

Comment

No problem!!! :twisted:
                  Currently bikeless
                  '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                  '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

That cat carrier is the funniest thing I've seen in a long while. Thanks for the belly laugh.

Comment

Working...
                    X